I had so much fun with last month’s Disney quotes, I had to try it with Marvel’s Superheroes!
Also, I got a review on my recently released novel, Starch and Strategy that said in part, “Mr. Darcy is more a precursor to “007” here. His character is mature, humorous and very masculine.”
I love that! And then 007 had me thinking of action movies and heroes as well, so here we go!
These are all from the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). Some are a little obscure, but I think everybody’s been at least a little exposed to Spiderman, Thor, and some of the other Avengers. Enjoy!
I. Pride and Prejudice
10. When Charlotte Lucas is explaining that Darcy actually likes Elizabeth:
9. When Colonel Fitzwilliam is teasing Darcy while they’re in Hunsford, and Darcy is like:
8. When Lady Catherine comes to Longbourn, and Lizzy is like, “You want to walk in our garden? Sure.”
7. And of course, Mr. Darcy, heading to London to find Lydia and save the day!
6. Anne Elliot trying to grapple with her father’s debt, her sister’s uselessness, and pack up Kellynch Hall to be rented out.
5. During the first month Anne is forced into company with Captain Wentworth and does her level best to be normal but also blend into the wall paper.
4. Captain Benwick falling in love with Louisa Musgrove. (Though obviously not in a creepy way. Agent Coulson is so sweet!)
3. Mr. Elliot when he is simultaneously ingratiating himself with Elizabeth Elliot, Anne Elliot, Lady Russel, and MRS. CLAY! It didn’t work with Anne, but with the others… he really could pull the wool over everybody’s eyes at once.
2. All of us, when Captain Wentworth gets jealous of Mr. Elliot.
1. Last but not least, after Frank Churchill has encouraged Emma to be rude, Miss Bates to feel terrible, and Mr. Knightley to be both disgusted and jealous…!
Thanks for looking at my silly memes! I’m currently working hard on finishing From Pemberley with Luck, the third book in my series called the Highbury Variation.
Leave a Reply